# Positions: 1
When you come to work at Ebenezer, we promise to support your growth, honor your strengths and empower you to make a difference in the lives of others
Come grow with us! Ebenezer is celebrating our 100th year of service and we’re growing at an unprecedented rate!
Destined to become a premier child care center, Riley Crossing Child Care, located in Chanhassen near hwy 101 and 212 is slated to open fall of 2019. This community will offer infant through preschool education and care with a main focus on Intergenerational curriculum.
Under the supervision of the Child Care Director, the Lead Teacher is responsible for care and supervision of children in their assigned age group which may include infant, toddler, preschool or school-age children. Responsible for the supervision of the Assistant Teacher or Aide assigned to the classroom. To lead, plan and organize childcare program activities to insure that the program provides the highest quality childcare available. This is a full time position (10 hour days, 4 days/week).
- Research and development of curriculum relevant to classroom age group.
- Ensures implementation of age appropriate curriculum to nurture and stimulate the psycho social, cognitive and cultural needs of the children in their care.
- Responsible to report any concerns to director any concerns regarding staff or classroom issues.
- Keeps necessary attendance records, up-to-date emergency forms, curriculum plans, individual child development profile and other records as needed.
- Responsible to communicate with parents on child development issues, policies or other concerns related to their child.
- Responsible for securing health, hygiene, safety and overall well-being of chidlren at all times.
- Conduct parent-teacher conferences twice per year.
- Complete assessments of children on an on-going basis.
- Maintains confidentiality of records and information of staff and families.
- Strict compliance with universal precautions in the classroom or/and when administering first aid.
- Directly supervise classroom aides and volunteers. Report all needed information to the center’s Director.
- Minimum Vocational/Technical Training or Associate Degree- 2 year degree in Child Development
- One to three years’ experience teaching in childcare center or early childhood program required
- See Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Care Teacher requirements for other ways to be teacher qualified according to Minnesota Rule 9503.0032.
- Required to obtain annual in-service hour requirements by licensing as well as requirements for CPR, 1st Aide, Shaken Baby and OSHA training.
- Must understand and follow all rules of licensing according to Minnesota Rule 9503.